Thursday, June 25, 2009

Serve the servants

No, this is not a tribute to little known Nirvana songs...

I just read "A Jesus Manifesto" by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola of 'Reimagining Church', what a great piece of literature! One part in particular caught my attention;

"It’s all too possible to serve “the god” of serving Jesus as opposed to serving him out of an enraptured heart that’s been captivated by his irresistible beauty and unfathomable love."

Being part of a church that is heavy on the 'serve' aspect (and rightfully unapologetically so) that is at the moment focussing on the 'servant church' the subject of serving is on my mind. The idea that one could serve "the god" of serving is intriguing, yes?

Why do I serve where/how/when/as often as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment